Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Pan Piper News


From: Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp
Date: 1/14/2008 10:07:18 PM
To: panpiper@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [The Pan Piper] If it's not one thing it's another... IMPORTANT NEWS

Folks,

Life is not running smoothly for Pan Historia this year. We were just
getting ready to put the site back on the new server as the old server
was performing way under par when I received this note from our
hosting company:


Dan

I just received a phonecall from my landlord who wants me to move my
servers out and vacate by the end of January. I believe I will be able
to get more time, but I'm telling you that I may not have a place to
put your servers, and I may actually be out of business soon. In an
emergency, I can put your servers on a friends T1 until you can find
other bandwidth, which is what I may be doing myself. But it may be
only temporary and you're going to need to find another place to put
your servers. I'm sorry for this abrupt notice, but I am telling you
only 30 minutes after I found out myself. I will do everything I can
to help you with this.

David


I realize that I had already announced that we were moving hosting
companies, but after further consideration of the costs and hassles we
had decided not to make the move right away, but rather to get Pan
online asap. However this email just received completely changes the
picture. The bright side of this news is that we will be going with a
new full support hosting company after all, though it will put a
strain on Pan's finances. However with the support of the community
and a concerted drive, when we are restored, to get new members we
should be able to weather this particular storm. I'm doing all I can
to expedite the choosing of a new hosting company.

Wyatt

No comments: